Thursday, November 8, 2012

Happy Birthday to me.........

My 34th birthday was this past Friday November 2nd.  While I don't feel like I am 34 it is nice to know that I am evolving into the next phase of my life very well I think.  Over this past year I have become more in touch with how strong of a person I really am.  I have done things I never thought I was capable of doing and performing at a level of athleticism that I used to have when I was much younger.  I feel very alive if you wish.  I have lost just shy of 40 lbs since February.  I feel amazing and so much healthier. 
We celebrated by going to Spaghetti Works with our family (adults only) that night and then went to Prairie Meadows for a couple of hours.  I couldn't have asked for a better birthday.  RJ surprised me with an amazing "shadow box" but much bigger of all of my 5k races I have done this year.  Best thing ever, hands down.  It was a great birthday, but I have to say that my most favorite thing was that Alex called me on his way home from school to wish me a happy birthday, he hasn't done that since he moved to his Mom's and it meant the most to hear from him and that he remembered me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment