Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A miracle.....



Yesterday morning I was woken up to a phone call from one of RJ's co-workers. He said "Sarajane, this is Al Thompson and I work with RJ, there's been an accident and he's hurt pretty bad". Instantly I was panicked and scared all at the same time. He said he had been in a head on accident on the way to work and I needed to get to the hospital. He said he was concious but they didn't know how bad he was yet. Of course I beat them to the hospital. After what seemed like forever they finally brought him in and after a bit I was able to see him. His Mom and I went back and he was lying on the bed with blood running down his nose/chin. They had a neck brace on him and he was still secured to the back board. He saw us crying and he started crying. He said he was so scared and he was hurting really bad. I was never so glad to kiss him or hold his hand. After lots of tests it turned out he has a broken nose, broken ribs, and a right knee/leg that was too swollen yet to tell what was wrong with it. After a couple of hours they sent him home. He is sooo sore today. He is on pain meds and lots of ice packs/heating pads.
I just can't stop thinking about what could have happend. We are so lucky that he is alive and still with us. It really was a miracle. The girl that hit him ended up with only a broken toe, she was very lucky as well. Both vehicles are totaled, but the only thing that matters is they are ok.
She had lost control on an icy patch of the road and when she over corrected she ended up in RJ's lane. Complete accident, but so lucky................

No comments:

Post a Comment